« Home | Craziness » | Hi » | Kiss Kiss, Bye Bye » | Keys » | Have Law Degree, Don't Read » | My Hat » | "Where's My Coffee?" » | I Can't Believe It » | One Day, Three Meltdowns - What More Could a Girl ... » | And then there were two » 

Saturday, March 11, 2006 

Other People's New Jobs

So one of my supervisors has a new job. She hasn't told our boss yet becuase he'll most likely hit the roof. But listening to her tell about it, it sounds pretty bad. She's working at [BigLawFirm] supervising paralegals. Not as an associate, of counsel, or staff attorney. Just as staff. And she has to be there at 8 every morning (with us, 10 - 11 is a good start time for her when we get there at 8)

What I don't understand is that she's incredibly smug about this. And to celebrate, what did she do? Bought a cartier watch. Not that I'm against them, but she has one and a rolex. So, why spend money when your accountant told you that you owe the IRS tens of thousands of dollars for failure to pay taxes for two years at all? My mind just can't wrap around this.