« Home | Y'Know » | New Orleans today » | New Jobs Redux » | Other People's New Jobs » | Craziness » | Hi » | Kiss Kiss, Bye Bye » | Keys » | Have Law Degree, Don't Read » | My Hat » 

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 

Hurricanes

So, I have a co-worker who says she lives in New Orleans (which I confirm she didn't - she lived there when she was eight, years ago). And today she goes on and on about the damage and her family and how they reacted - except for the fact that SHE HASN'T BEEN BACK, AND HER FAMILY ALL LIVES UP HERE AND HAS FOR YEARS.

And my co-workers are hanging on her every word.

But when I started working here and the hurricane hit, did they care? No.

When I came back from visiting New Orleans a few weeks ago, did they want to know anything? No.

So instead of hearing truth, they are listening to how all people from New Orleans are stealing, lying crack whores who loot everything they can touch (her words - not mine). I know that's more interesting, but still. I find it incredibly annoying.