« Home | "Where's My Coffee?" » | I Can't Believe It » | One Day, Three Meltdowns - What More Could a Girl ... » | And then there were two » | Crazy Momma » | To Men in My Office » | Getting Up » | What a Weekend » | I've Created a Monster » | What? » 

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 

My Hat

Sadly, today on the metro some man stole my hat.

It was a nice hat, but not super special - just a little black knit hat.

I was standing in front of the doors, waiting for them to open, when I felt something brush my head. I thought it was normal jostling until I got out and my hat was gone.

Thinking back, I can remember the hat being taken off my head.

Now, while I'm mad about the hat, I am incensed at Metro. I went to report it as a lost item - maybe he threw it on the floor, maybe he didn't mean to take it, etc. The station manager told me that he wouldn't stop the train for me. I explained that I didn't expect that, I just wanted to file a report. His answer? Come back in three days and check to see if it's here because I can't be bothered to do that right now.

What was so important that he couldn't be interrupted? He was joking with his buddy who had a trash can about girls with big jugs. Lovely.