« Home | Have Law Degree, Don't Read » | My Hat » | "Where's My Coffee?" » | I Can't Believe It » | One Day, Three Meltdowns - What More Could a Girl ... » | And then there were two » | Crazy Momma » | To Men in My Office » | Getting Up » | What a Weekend » 

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 

Keys

Today I'm going to inform Bubbles that she's not having my key for a variety of reasons, including:

1) I need it when I get back
2) She's untrustworthy and unreliable
3) She already lost one set before ever using it
4) She can use one of the other two sets in the office while I'm gone
5) I just don't care about making her life inconvenient in any way

Of course, I'm not going to tell her all of these reasons. Nope, I'm just going to tell her I'm not going to let her have mine since I need them when I come back. It's a stupid, silly, selfish reason, so it should be perfect for her. When in reality, I don't trust her to come in late on purpose just to make me mad. Oh, and I would never see the key again. And since I get here at 7:45, and she drags in at 8:15 on a good day, not going to happen.

ETA: Her response was that she didn't care, that she would ask one of the supervisors to ORDER me to give her the keys.

I'm exercising all of my self-control to not hurt her. It's very difficult.

ETA: WOOT! I win! I keep my key! My strategy of going to the bathroom when she brought it up worked. Someone else gave her a key. :)